Jasa Marga targets to operate nearly 1,000 km of toll roads
The Jakarta Post
State-owned toll road operator PT Jasa Marga targets to operate nearly 1,000 kilometers of toll roads this year from the current 787 km that is in operation, said the company’s president director, Desi Aryani, on Thursday.
“We plan to operate the remaining toll roads of about 205 km by the end of this year. This year, transJava toll roads will be in full operation,” Desi said as quoted by kontan.co.id.
She explained that the company was in the process of completing four transJava toll road sections -- Batang-Semarang, Salatiga-Kartasura, Wilangan-Kertosono and Gempol-Pasuruan
Jasa Marga is seeking to operate the transJava toll roads, arguing that such a scheme would be more effective as the company owned 65 percent of transJava toll roads, she said, adding that the company would establish a new firm, PT Jasa Marga Trans Jawa All Road.
Currently, there are 20 Indonesia Toll Road Authorities (BPJT) operating transJava toll roads, 13 of which are owned by Jasa Marga, while the remaining BPJTs are owned, among others, by state-owned construction company Waskita Karya and the Astra Group.
Desi said her company would soon apply for the operatorship of transJava toll roads at the Public Works and Housing Ministry and was seeking a model for its operation. (bbn)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China