Island focus: Govt to propose gamelan to UNESCO
The Jakarta Post
Muhadjir Effendy (JP/Wendra Ajistyatama)The government is set to propose that gamelan be added to the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list next year.
At the opening of the 2018 International Gamelan Festival in Fort Vastenburg in Surakarta, Central Java, on Thursday, Education and Culture Minister Muhadjir Effendy said that gamelan, as an authentic ensemble of traditional instruments, h...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free