Two streets near Bung Karno sports complex closed during Asian Games opening
The Jakarta Post
Two streets near the Bung Karno sports complex in Central Jakarta will be temporarily closed on Saturday to allow state officials quick access to the Asian Games opening ceremony.
The roads are Jl. Asia Afrika and Jl. Gerbang Pemuda, which will be closed from 2 p.m. until midnight, although the opening ceremony will only begin at 7 p.m.
“It [the closure] is only for a day,” said Jakarta Police traffic division head Sr. Comr. Yusuf on Tuesday as reported by kompas.com.
In the case of Jl. Gerbang Pemuda, only the lanes that head toward Jl. Gatot Subroto will be closed, while the others will remain open as usual, the police said. (nor)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday