Two streets near Bung Karno sports complex closed during Asian Games opening
The Jakarta Post
Two streets near the Bung Karno sports complex in Central Jakarta will be temporarily closed on Saturday to allow state officials quick access to the Asian Games opening ceremony.
The roads are Jl. Asia Afrika and Jl. Gerbang Pemuda, which will be closed from 2 p.m. until midnight, although the opening ceremony will only begin at 7 p.m.
“It [the closure] is only for a day,” said Jakarta Police traffic division head Sr. Comr. Yusuf on Tuesday as reported by kompas.com.
In the case of Jl. Gerbang Pemuda, only the lanes that head toward Jl. Gatot Subroto will be closed, while the others will remain open as usual, the police said. (nor)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes