Anies to review low-cost apartment rate increase
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan will recheck his policy on increasing the monthly rent rate of low-cost apartments by an average of 20 percent.
The increase was regulated in Gubernatorial Decree No. 55/2018 on housing tax adjustment.
“We are rechecking [the policy],” he said at City Hall on Thursday, as quoted by kompas.com. He said he expected the result to come out on Monday.
Although he had issued the decree, Anies said he wanted to review the reason proposed by the Jakarta Housing and Settlement Agency on increasing the rate.
Anies said in Thursday’s meeting with the agency that he had also talked about rent arrears problems left by those who had not paid rent for months.
He said residents of these low-cost apartments should understand that they were subsidized by Jakarta tax payers.
“If the residents do not contribute [by paying] the components they should pay, Jakarta taxpayers should cover that [for them],” Anies said.
The Jakarta administration has increased the rent rate of 15 low-cost apartments to around 20 percent of its normal rate.
The rent increase has been applied to the Sukapura, Penjaringan, Marunda, Kapuk Muara apartments in North Jakarta, the Flamboyan and Tambora I-IV apartments in West Jakarta, the Pondok Bambu, Cakung Barat, Pinus Elok, Pulogebang, Cipinang Muara, Pulo Jahe and Tipar Cakung low-cost apartments in East Jakarta, and the Jatirawasari and Karang Anyar apartments in Central Jakarta. (gis)
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- 5 ways to increase your lung capacity