Asian Games: Iran, China into water polo semifinals
The Jakarta Post
Iran and China crushed their respective opponents to secure semifinal spots in men’s water polo at the Asian Games on Thursday.
Iran proved too strong for Saudi Arabia in their quarterfinal match, which saw the Persian Gulf team win 15-7. Iran had 30 attempted shots at goal in the match, while Saudi Arabia had 25. Iran now have a chance to avenge their group match defeat to Kazakhstan, if the Central Asian defending champion manages to beat host Indonesia in their quarterfinal encounter.
Meanwhile, China outclassed South Korea 12-4 and will face the winner of the quarterfinal match between Japan and Singapore.
Kazakhstan won the gold medal at the previous Games in Incheon, South Korea, four years ago and is tipped as the red-hot favorite to retain their title this year.
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape