Asian Games: Iran, China into water polo semifinals
The Jakarta Post
Iran and China crushed their respective opponents to secure semifinal spots in men’s water polo at the Asian Games on Thursday.
Iran proved too strong for Saudi Arabia in their quarterfinal match, which saw the Persian Gulf team win 15-7. Iran had 30 attempted shots at goal in the match, while Saudi Arabia had 25. Iran now have a chance to avenge their group match defeat to Kazakhstan, if the Central Asian defending champion manages to beat host Indonesia in their quarterfinal encounter.
Meanwhile, China outclassed South Korea 12-4 and will face the winner of the quarterfinal match between Japan and Singapore.
Kazakhstan won the gold medal at the previous Games in Incheon, South Korea, four years ago and is tipped as the red-hot favorite to retain their title this year.
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court