Rupiah strengthens, JCI up on Thursday
The Jakarta Post
The rupiah strengthened slightly on Thursday after nearly reaching Rp 15,000 per US dollar the previous day.
The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI), meanwhile, was also in a rebound mode.
The rupiah exchange rate stood at Rp 14,905 per US dollar at midday on Thursday, compared to Rp 14,938 on Wednesday – its lowest point in the last 20 years.
According to Bloomberg, the currency moved between Rp 14,875 and Rp 14,905 against the greenback on Thursday, with an average rate of Rp 14,885.
Meanwhile, the Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) strengthened 1.63 percent to 5,776.09 when the trading was closed.
Stocks of the basic industry sector strengthened 2.46 percent, followed by the financial sector with 2 percent.
As many as 249 stocks strengthened, while 130 stocks weakened and 106 stocks stayed flat.
The transaction value of 9.38 billion stocks reached Rp 9.11 trillion, according to kontan.co.id. (bbn)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning