Rupiah strengthens, JCI up on Thursday
The Jakarta Post
The rupiah strengthened slightly on Thursday after nearly reaching Rp 15,000 per US dollar the previous day.
The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI), meanwhile, was also in a rebound mode.
The rupiah exchange rate stood at Rp 14,905 per US dollar at midday on Thursday, compared to Rp 14,938 on Wednesday – its lowest point in the last 20 years.
According to Bloomberg, the currency moved between Rp 14,875 and Rp 14,905 against the greenback on Thursday, with an average rate of Rp 14,885.
Meanwhile, the Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) strengthened 1.63 percent to 5,776.09 when the trading was closed.
Stocks of the basic industry sector strengthened 2.46 percent, followed by the financial sector with 2 percent.
As many as 249 stocks strengthened, while 130 stocks weakened and 106 stocks stayed flat.
The transaction value of 9.38 billion stocks reached Rp 9.11 trillion, according to kontan.co.id. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages