Bomb squad deployed to LPG explosion site in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police’s Gegana bomb squad was deployed to investigate a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) canister explosion that damaged an apartment at the Essence Darmawangsa in South Jakarta, leaving a Korean citizen and her housemaid seriously injured on Tuesday afternoon.
“The Gegana bomb squad did not find evidence of a bomb explosion at the scene of the incident,” South Jakarta Police, Sr. Comr. Indra Jafar said as quoted by tempo.coon Tuesday.
The explosion left the apartment heavily damaged, with a collapsed ceiling and broken balcony glass, while two other apartments beside it were lightly damaged, South Jakarta Police crime unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Stefanus Tamuntuan said.
Stefanus also said the injured victims had been rushed to the nearby Brawijaya Hospital for treatment following the explosion.
The incident was reportedly caused by the explosion of a 12-kilogram LPG canister's gas regulator located inside the Korean citizen’s apartment on the 17th floor. (gis)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation