Man shoots wife with airsoft gun in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A man reportedly shot his wife with an airsoft gun in Tanjung Priok, North Jakarta, on Sunday, as the two were engaged in an argument.
The brother of the victim, Muhamad Samin, said he would never have expected the man, identified only as D, to shoot his wife, Y.
"They argued a lot, but that was it,” Samin said on Wednesday. “It never crossed my mind that he could shoot his wife with an airsoft gun.”
The alleged incident reportedly occurred after Y had called her husband to pick her up from work as she was sick. D refused, saying he was also sick.
Y then reportedly decided to go home on her own. On the way, she visited a place where her husband would often hang out with friends and found her husband there.
Y apparently scolded D in front of his friends, Tanjung Priok Police chief Comr. Supriyanto said. "At home, D shot his wife with an airsoft gun,” Supriyanto said, as quoted by kompas.com.
The wife suffered a wound in her chest and was later brought to the Koja Regional General Hospital (RSUD) in North Jakarta for surgery to remove the metal pellet.
Her husband has fled and remains at large. (stu)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court