Veterinarian sued for Rp 1.5 billion over death of pup
The Jakarta Post
A dog owner has sued a veterinarian, Indhira Kusumawardhani, in Cinere, South Tangerang, for Rp 1.5 billion (US$101,100) over alleged neglect that caused the death of a two-week old Siberian Husky.
The pup died in May, and the case is currently on trial at the Tangerang District Court in Banten.
Lawyer Hamonangan Syahdan Hutabarat said that his client, Nadhila Utama, 29, sued the veterinarian because she had loved the pet dearly and because it was also an albino Siberian Husky purebred, which was claimed to be very rare.
“The pup that received medication at Indhira’s veterinary clinic [in the afternoon of May 28] was […] an albino Siberian Husky. They are not like most dogs,” Hamonangan said on Thursday. Indhira reportedly injected antihistamine and agreed to visit the pup the next day.
However, the vet reportedly did not visit to check the condition of the pup as promised, because she had fallen ill with influenza. “[On the morning of May 29] Indhira consumed a flu drug that caused her to sleep until noon, forcing her to miss the promised medical visit,” Indonesian Association of Veterinarians (PDHI) spokesperson Moch. Wahyudin said as quoted by tempo.co.
Nadhila then visited another vet, who diagnosed a worm infestation on the pup and a deteriorated health condition. The pet died in the afternoon.
Meanwhile, Indhira refuses any contacts and has directed any queries to the Indonesian Veterinarian Association (PDHI). “I am still coordinating with the PDHI,” Indhira said. (ami)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- For the sake of integrity