Minivan plunges into river as driver daydreams
The Jakarta Post
A public minivan plunged into the Sentiong River in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, on Tuesday afternoon after the driver was reportedly daydreaming while behind the wheel.
A picture of a baby blue minivan submerged in the river was posted on the Jakarta-based citizen journalism Instagram account, @jktinfo.
Kemayoran Police chief Comr. Saiful Anwar said that the M37 minivan, plying the Pulogadung-Pasar Senen route, plunged into the river because the driver was daydreaming while on his way from Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, to Sumur Batu, Central Jakarta, at about 12 p.m.
Selasa, 6 November | Angkot tercebur ke kali di Sunter Kemayoran pada siang hari ini. Belum diketahui secara detail bagaimana krnologis angkot tersebut bisa tercebur ke kali. via @fikar.nugrahaa @aprisubiyantoro @ahmadesaalaziz @anggaprasetyo94 @aldzaki16 @amir_pete #jktinfo
According to police, the driver was slow to see a motorcycle coming from the other lane in front of him, causing him to swerve into the river to prevent a collision.
“Luckily, residents around the area helped him out of the water,” Saiful said on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Based on the explanation given by the driver, identified only as PB, 53, to the police, he daydreamed a lot because he faced problems at home, Saiful said.
PB suffered a minor injury to his arm and was immediately taken to the Sumur Batu community health center. The minivan was not carrying passengers at the time of the incident.
Saiful said the Central Jakarta Transport Agency had lifted the minivan out of the river using the agency’s tow truck. (ris)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC