South Buton Council speaker caught using meth in Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
South Buton Legislative Council Speaker La Usman from Southeast Sulawesi was arrested in a hotel room in Central Jakarta on Friday for allegedly consuming sabu-sabu (crystal methamphetamine).
Usman was in Jakarta to work on a planned Southeast Sulawesi sporting event, Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Tuesday.
“But during his stay [in a Central Jakarta hotel] he ordered sabu-sabu through a driver, identified as L., who usually accompanies him in Jakarta,” Argo said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The Jakarta Police narcotics unit also confiscated during the arrest several meth pipes, as well as a small bag of meth that was found in Usman’s pants pocket and another one found in the bathroom.
Usman's urine sample has tested positive for meth, Argo said.
Usman reportedly told the police that he had started using the drug a day before he was arrested.
L is still at large and is now on the police’s wanted list. (vla)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says