Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
The Jakarta Post
Garuda Indonesia launched its “Vintage Flight Experience” on Friday, giving passengers a taste of the past on three routes served by the flag carrier.
Passengers on flight GA304 from Jakarta to Surabaya would notice several differences, from attributes and the attires of the cabin crew to brand livery adapted to the "Garuda Indonesia Classic Brand".
“In line with the continuous effort of the corporation to improve the service, particularly to give customers a different experience, Garuda Indonesia has introduced a breakthrough with this vintage nuance,” said Garuda Indonesia operational director Bambang Adisurnya Angkasa during the Jakarta-Surabaya flight.
He said the 100 percent seat occupancy rate during the first vintage flight on a Boeing 737-800NG plane indicated a positive response from the airline’s customers.
“On today’s flight, we present different inflight meals in the form of old snacks like bluder wheels, which were well-known in the middle of 1980s,” Bambang said.
He added that the cabin crew uniforms had been designed by Japanese designer Hanae Mori, and that the same designs had been worn by cabin crews in the 1970s and 1980s.
The vintage flight experience will last until Dec. 17 at certain flight times on three routes – Jakarta-Balikpapan, Jakarta-Surabaya and Jakarta-Singapore. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says