VP Pence arrives in Australia, last stop in Asia
U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has arrived in Sydney for a weekend visit that will include meetings with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and other top officials.
Pence landed in Australia on Friday night, his latest stop on a 10-day tour through Asia.
He's expected to meet with Turnbull, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, opposition leader Bill Shorten and others. Pence and his family are also scheduled to tour the Sydney Opera House and other landmarks.
The visit follows Pence's stops in South Korea, Japan and Indonesia for events focused on national security, trade and economic development.
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week