VP Pence arrives in Australia, last stop in Asia
U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has arrived in Sydney for a weekend visit that will include meetings with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and other top officials.
Pence landed in Australia on Friday night, his latest stop on a 10-day tour through Asia.
He's expected to meet with Turnbull, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, opposition leader Bill Shorten and others. Pence and his family are also scheduled to tour the Sydney Opera House and other landmarks.
The visit follows Pence's stops in South Korea, Japan and Indonesia for events focused on national security, trade and economic development.
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Right of inquiry aims to keep KPK on track: Hanura