Ancol to blast ‘telolet’ sound during New Year’s Eve
The Jakarta Post
Taman Impian Jaya Ancol (Ancol Dreamland Park) in North Jakarta is set to welcome 2017 with a telolet sound coming from buttons placed on its entrance gate.
“We hope that visitors will be delighted to spend New Year’s Eve in Ancol, accompanied with the ‘Om Telolet Om’ sound,” the park's recreation director Teuku Sahir Syahali said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Teuku said that although the button would not be in the form of a bus horn, the sound it produced would be similar. Up to six buttons with different telolet sounds when being pressed will be installed. Ancol visitors would be asked to shout ‘Om Telolet Om!’ when the buttons are pressed.
The bus horn sound, which is set to be blasted throughout New Year’s Eve, is hoped to be a form of entertainment for visitors queuing at the park’s main entrance. “So that the visitors won’t be bored,” he conveyed.
The park will also feature decorations with images of inter-province buses on the entrance gate.
Ancol is expecting to see more than 200,000 visitors during New Year’s Eve. Several anticipatory efforts have been prepared to manage the situation, including traffic rerouting, 200 free shuttle buses and thousands of safety, cleaning and medical staff members.
The year-end celebration in Ancol is expected to be held in six areas with the main highlight, a fireworks display, slated to light up the sky for 15 minutes straight. (mas/kes)
You might also like :
- Teary Veronica reads Ahok letter on reasons for appeal withdrawal
- EDITORIAL: Well-deserved rating upgrade
- Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law: Police
- RI seeks release of patrol crew member held hostage in Vietnam via diplomacy
- Pertamina’s privileges may be revoked if efficiency not improved
- Jakarta Fair to offer home delivery service
- Police condemned for ‘arbitrary’ raid on ‘gay party’
- Jakartans to see more urban farming
- Bekasi welcomes new leaders
- Transjakarta to provide free drinks during Ramadhan