Four common traits of Indonesian tourists
The Jakarta Post
Have you ever noticed traits of tourists? How about Indonesian tourists?
As reported by kompas.com, there were at least four traits common to Indonesians while traveling abroad, which were shared by Tourism Training Center founder Tedjo Iskandar during a Chengdu-Jakarta Tourism Exchange event in Jakarta on Wednesday.
Not on time
Tedjo mentioned rarely being on time as a characteristic of Indonesian tourists. “For foreign travel agents who are managing Indonesian tourists, [they should consider] that Indonesians are rarely on time. [They are] too relaxed [when they travel]."
Robin from Sichuan Dinglong International Travel, who is in charge of tourists in Chengdu, agreed with this statement, saying that Indonesians are very relaxed, even though they usually have a packed schedule.
(Read also: Where to celebrate New Year's Eve outside Jakarta)
Branded goods, fashion items and souvenirs are among Indonesian tourists’ favorites, said Tedjo. “It would be even better if the goods could be bargained down to the lowest price.”
The simpler the explanation, the better
In terms of tours, Tedjo said that Indonesian tourists preferred simple explanations instead of convoluted descriptions.
Last but not least, Indonesian tourists of all ages love to take selfies. Selfies have been an inseparable part of their journey, Tedjo said. (mas/kes)
You might also like :
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- It’s official, Idul Fitri is tomorrow
- Minister, MUI call for peaceful Idul Fitri sermons
- No merry Idul Fitri celebration for Ahmadiyah followers in Depok
- Malaysian PM to vacation in Bali after Obama
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri
- Food prices spike in Jakarta a day before Idul Fitri
- Two escaped foreign inmates transported to Bali
- Surakarta terminal sees decline in bus passengers