Dubai boasts world’s fastest, free airport Wi-Fi
The Jakarta Post
The announcement follows the recent overhaul of both Dubai Airports, Dubai International and Dubai World Central. The overhaul, which was rolled out in December last year, featured free, unlimited high-speed internet.
The network, called WOW-Fi, is now available to all 89 million travelers who are expected to visit the airport in the following year. To make it work for such a large number of people in transit, the Dubai Airports group says that they will be installing 6,000 new Wi-Fi access points in the two airports.
(Read also: South Korea has world’s fastest internet)
Despite this, when group Rotten WiFi conducted their report of fastest airport internet speeds in 2016, the Middle East was mostly missing in the list of 226 airports, AFP reported. Instead, the United States and Thailand were named world leaders in fastest internet Wi-Fi, with seven and six airports featured on the top 20 list, respectively.
Still, with this new update, the Dubai International Airport says that in this respect, it has now eclipsed the competition. (sul/kes)
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- It’s official, Idul Fitri is tomorrow
- No merry Idul Fitri celebration for Ahmadiyah followers in Depok
- Minister, MUI call for peaceful Idul Fitri sermons
- Malaysian PM to vacation in Bali after Obama
- Food prices spike in Jakarta a day before Idul Fitri
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- JICA calls for stronger unity in ASEAN to exert bigger power
- Surakarta terminal sees decline in bus passengers