Dubai boasts world’s fastest, free airport Wi-Fi
The Jakarta Post
The announcement follows the recent overhaul of both Dubai Airports, Dubai International and Dubai World Central. The overhaul, which was rolled out in December last year, featured free, unlimited high-speed internet.
The network, called WOW-Fi, is now available to all 89 million travelers who are expected to visit the airport in the following year. To make it work for such a large number of people in transit, the Dubai Airports group says that they will be installing 6,000 new Wi-Fi access points in the two airports.
(Read also: South Korea has world’s fastest internet)
Despite this, when group Rotten WiFi conducted their report of fastest airport internet speeds in 2016, the Middle East was mostly missing in the list of 226 airports, AFP reported. Instead, the United States and Thailand were named world leaders in fastest internet Wi-Fi, with seven and six airports featured on the top 20 list, respectively.
Still, with this new update, the Dubai International Airport says that in this respect, it has now eclipsed the competition. (sul/kes)
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Officers hit by suicide bomb guarding pre-Ramadhan parade: Police
- Ahok resigns as Jakarta governor