Changi once again ranked world's best airport
The Jakarta Post
For the 17th year in a row, the winners of Skytrax’s World Airport Awards were announced in Amsterdam on Tuesday.
In an attempt to find the best airports and also the cleanest and most improved, the airline reviews and rating site surveyed nearly 14 million people.
Asian airports topped the poll, while no North American airports made the list.
Claiming the top spot is Singapore’s Changi Airport, which is no stranger to being number one, as 2017 marks the fifth consecutive year the airport has come in at the top of the list.
The title is not undeserved, as the airport features amenities such as a swimming pool, two free movie theaters and multiple indoor and outdoor gardens.
Other winners included Jakarta’s very own Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, as it was named Most Improved Airport thanks to the addition of a new terminal.
Hong Kong International Airport was recognized for Best Airport Dining and London’s Heathrow was recognized for Best Airport Shopping. (sul/kes)
Here are the top ten airports of 2017 according to Skytrax:
1. Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore
2. Tokyo International Airport, Japan
3. Incheon International Airport, South Korea
4. Munich Airport, Germany
5. Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
6. Hamad International Airport, Doha, Qatar
7. Chubu Centrair Nagoya, Japan
8. Zurich Airport, Switzerland
9. London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom
10. Frankfurt Airport, Germany
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters