Indonesia, Norway waive visa requirements for diplomatic and service passports
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia and Norway have agreed to waive visa requirements for diplomatic and service passports, according to a statement from the Foreign Ministry.
Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi and her Norwegian counterpart Borge Brende signed the agreement in Oslo on Monday, during the former's working visit to the Norwegian capital.
"After negotiations over the past two years, Indonesia and Norway have successfully signed a visa-free cooperation for holders of diplomatic and service passports," Retno said, as quoted by Antara news agency.
The minister underlined that the signing of the visa-free cooperation is a step forward for both governments in strengthening bilateral relations between Indonesia and Norway.
The statement was conveyed by Retno during the third Indonesia-Norway Joint Commission for Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC) held in Oslo, which she co-chaired with Brende to discuss various priority issues of common concern, such as climate change, forestry, maritime and fisheries, energy, as well as human rights.
During her visit, Retno also relayed an invitation to Norway to attend the 2018 Ocean Conference in Indonesia. The world's biggest archipelago is set to host the forum that would focus on maritime cooperation, particularly the prevention of marine pollution, climate change, protected marine areas and fisheries.
Norway also expressed at the meeting its appreciation of the role Indonesia plays in bridging differences, and creating peace and stability in the region and the world, according to the statement. (liz/kes)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- Aceh International Halal Food Festival 2017 to focus on certification
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day