Annual Krakatau Lampung Festival to return in August
The Jakarta Post
The annual Krakatau Lampung Festival is set to return from Aug. 21 to Aug. 27.
The event aims to highlight Lampung’s culture and tradition.
It will present an art market, tour Mount Anak Krakatau and put on beach parties on the Tangkil and Mutun beaches.
Read also: 10 destinations to visit in Lampung
“Other activities include snorkeling, swimming, flying kites, a food festival and competitions,” said Lampung Tourism Agency head Budiharto.
“The festival also aims to promote other tourist attractions in Lampung such as Pahawang Island, Kiluan Bay, Putri Malu waterfall and Way Kambas National Park,” he added.
Up to 114,907 foreign tourists reportedly visited Lampung in 2016, while the number of domestic tourist arrivals reached 5.5 million. (kes)
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- PLN cuts power to three high schools in West Jakarta
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Big tobacco woos small shops
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me