North Rally 2017 Wonderful Indonesia to explore Indonesia for three months
The Jakarta Post
For three months, yachters who participate in the North Rally 2017 Wonderful Indonesia will get to explore Indonesian islands, which include Derawan Islands, Morotai and Raja Ampat.
“For three months, participants will sail through exotic locations in Indonesia. From Tawau to Waisai, there are plenty to explore,” said Tourism Ministry’s deputy minister for Overseas Promotion I Gde Pitana.
According to the schedule, participants will depart from Tawau in North Kalimantan on Aug. 27 and finish at Wasai in West Papua.
From Tawau, they are scheduled to travel to Tarakan from Aug. 29 to Sept. 2, followed by Tanjung Batu on Sept. 4-8. After spending a few days there, they will then travel to Buol from Sept. 20 to 24, and continue the journey to Saronde Island from Sept. 27 to Oct. 1, Boroko on Oct. 4-8, Bitung on Oct. 12-16, Morotai Island on Oct. 18-22, Wayang on Oct. 26-30 and, as the last stop, Waisai on Nov. 4-10.
“Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Morotai that is one of the ministry’s priority destinations; there are relics from the World War II there,” Pitana added.
Regarding visa, yachters are welcomed to apply for social cultural visa for 60 days of free visit, which can be extended monthly for a total stay of six months. Those who wish to apply for the rally can sign up on http://yachters-indonesia.id. (kes)
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Dust off your shoulder pads -- 'Dynasty' is back
- No prediction when Mt. Agung will erupt: BNPB
- Mitra Keluarga Hospital punished for neglecting patient
- Jokowi to hand over Rp 7.1b to Mount Agung evacuees
- Private lenders partake in Greater Jakarta LRT project
- Jokowi to visit Mount Agung evacuees in Klungkung
- BPJS expected to suffer Rp 9t deficit this year: Official
- Report reveals 38 deaths linked to lack of healthcare services in Yahukimo
- Fight Kim Jong-un instead of Duterte? Trudeau did not say that