COMMENTARY: Who will benefit from Jokowi's land reform?
Adisti Sukma Sawitri
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The government has made a bold move with its plan to grant people wider access to land under its agrarian reform. More than 9 million hectares, comprising roughly 4.5 million hectares of degraded forest and 4.5 million ha of uncertified plots, will be owned by citizens under land objects for agrarian reform (TORA), while another 12.7 million ha will be managed by indigenous people. The gover...
You might also like :
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe
- Fake Prince Albert 'cons Monte Carlo high-flyers'
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Indian airports stretched as passengers reach new heights
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe