The US and ASEAN: Deal or no deal?
Lili Yan Ing and Abigail Ho
Senior economist and research associate at ERIA
PREMIUM Should the United States and ASEAN make a trade deal? First, let’s discuss the facts and trends of the economies. Based on the value added, five out of seven gainers in terms of value added in the manufacturing sector — the ones that have increasing trends of value added — in the last three decades were developing countries. They are China, Korea, India, Indonesia and Thailand. ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- ASEAN’s priority: China