For Freeport, just follow Indonesia's wishes
Former Indonesian representative to UNTAET
PREMIUM “Many citizens resented the mining company’s reminder that without US support for the UN-organized Act of Free Choice in Papua in 1969, the result of the referendum could have been damaging for Indonesia. Freeport’s presence in Papua at that time was reportedly the main reason for the US’ decision to make it possible to reunite Papua with Indonesia.” (The Jakarta Post...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- Pakistan marks grim Eid after oil tanker inferno kills 153
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police
- Do not return on weekend, toll road operator tells Jakartans
- Men mugged with lighter in Bekasi
- Jokowi praised for meeting with opposition Muslim organization during Idul Fitri