Bank transparency, data matching for tax purposes
Senior faculty member of the accounting and finance department at BINUS University, Jakarta
PREMIUM The government’s plan to issue a regulation in lieu of law (Perppu) concerning banking transparency, which includes allowing the tax authority to access taxpayers’ bank data, has sparked hot public debate. The proponents argue that such an initiative is critical, outlining the fact that the government has to comply with the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) program, a global ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- China mobile users tap phones to 'applaud' president's speech
- Energi Mega Persada seeks to maintain production after block losses
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- KPK to return investigators to National Police