No more special concessions for Freeport
Lawyer and analyst at the Indonesian Tax Justice Forum
PREMIUM Today, we see that the dispute between the government and Freeport McMoran over contractual arrangements has mainly focused on unsettled tax concessions. This little piece will analyze why taxation is a hotspot in every dispute between giant mining companies and governments in extractive industries and why there has been so much drama and scandal. There are two reasons why mining companies i...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Indonesia to regulate taxes for global firms’ subsidiaries
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection