What can banks do to cope with economic turmoil?
M. Harris Muhajir
Banking analyst at Bank Indonesia
PREMIUM The current economic conditions are quite difficult for the local banking industry. The economic slowdown, which has taken place since the beginning of 2015, has led to a slowdown in the industry. The growth of lending and third-party funds has continued to decline since they reached their peak in 2014. The slowdown has had a subsequent negative impact on the profitability of the banking indust...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless