What can banks do to cope with economic turmoil?
M. Harris Muhajir
Banking analyst at Bank Indonesia
The current economic conditions are quite difficult for the local banking industry. The economic slowdown, which has taken place since the beginning of 2015, has led to a slowdown in the industry. The growth of lending and third-party funds has continued to decline since they reached their peak in 2014. The slowdown has had a subsequent negative impact on the profitability of the banking indust...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
- 'Bottom up' campaigning failed Ahok, and it might fail Jokowi
- Anies, Sandiaga win in all Jakarta municipalities, regency
- Polygamy not part of Islamic teachings: Muslim clerics
- PSSI eyes SEA Games gold, 4th place in 2018 Asian Games
- Jakarta election result will not negatively affect investment climate: BKPM
- 3 Singaporean military personnel banned from entering Indonesia
- Indonesia climbs six spots in 2017 press freedom ranking
- Former BPKM chairman passes away
- China bans list of Islamic names in restive Xinjiang region
- Squatters resettle Pasar Ikan area in defiance of eviction