Will Indonesia fall into middle-income trap?
Works at the Fiscal Policy Agency of the Indonesian Finance Ministry
PREMIUM The economies of Southeast Asian countries have rapidly developed since 2000, and from this point onward some countries, such as Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia, have reached middle-income status and are now known as emerging countries. Unfortunately, these growing countries will probably face the threat of a middle-income trap in the future. The middle-income trap refers to the situati...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world