Is Indonesian Islam too big to fail?
Director of the International Center for Islam and Pluralism in Jakarta
PREMIUM The above question is addressed to those who still believe in the strength of Indonesian Islam post-Jakarta gubernatorial election and the verdict of two years’ imprisonment handed down to Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, the outgoing Jakarta governor. Indonesian Islam refers to Islam that is progressive, moderate and respectful of the diversity of ethnicities, beliefs and cultu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse