Is Indonesian Islam too big to fail?
Director of the International Center for Islam and Pluralism in Jakarta
PREMIUM The above question is addressed to those who still believe in the strength of Indonesian Islam post-Jakarta gubernatorial election and the verdict of two years’ imprisonment handed down to Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, the outgoing Jakarta governor. Indonesian Islam refers to Islam that is progressive, moderate and respectful of the diversity of ethnicities, beliefs and cultu...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- Indonesia's most popular Google searches in 2017 revealed
- Indonesia among Asia Pacific countries with slowest internet connection
- Indonesia, Freeport said to near new deal for giant copper mine
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- 1,000 police officers to guard DWP music festival
- Go-Jek acquires three companies to dominate payment in Indonesia
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler