Ramadhan: Beyond chasing rewards
Senior lecturer at the School of Islamic Theology and Philosophy, Alauddin State Islamic University (UIN) of Makassar
The Prophet Muhammad always encouraged Muslims to perform ittikaf during Ramadhan, especially on the last ten days. Ittikaf is to dwell exclusively in a mosque to get closer to God.
The prophet also ordered Muslims to fill the nights of Ramadhan with tahajud (night prayer) and tafakkur (contemplation).
That is why Ramadhan is, in essenc...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Jakarta nightclubs targeted following drug raids
- Milk, mackerel to be part of Jakarta food subsidy program
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment