Ramadhan: Beyond chasing rewards
Senior lecturer at the School of Islamic Theology and Philosophy, Alauddin State Islamic University (UIN) of Makassar
The Prophet Muhammad always encouraged Muslims to perform ittikaf during Ramadhan, especially on the last ten days. Ittikaf is to dwell exclusively in a mosque to get closer to God.
The prophet also ordered Muslims to fill the nights of Ramadhan with tahajud (night prayer) and tafakkur (contemplation).
That is why Ramadhan is, in essenc...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft