Ramadhan: Beyond chasing rewards
Senior lecturer at the School of Islamic Theology and Philosophy, Alauddin State Islamic University (UIN) of Makassar
The Prophet Muhammad always encouraged Muslims to perform ittikaf during Ramadhan, especially on the last ten days. Ittikaf is to dwell exclusively in a mosque to get closer to God.
The prophet also ordered Muslims to fill the nights of Ramadhan with tahajud (night prayer) and tafakkur (contemplation).
That is why Ramadhan is, in essenc...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash