Sustainable palm oil for all
UNDP Indonesia country director
PREMIUM Heated debates have recently surrounded the palm oil sector in Indonesia and its access to export markets, including the European Union. The issue is crucial for Indonesia as the world’s largest palm oil producer, the largest exporter and about 16 million jobs depending directly or indirectly on this sector. Palm oil has also become a public issue in many consumer countries. Governments, ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals