Cigarette excise could help finance health care
Yurdhina Meilissa and Nurul HW Luntungan
PREMIUM A news article in the July 3 edition of The Jakarta Post titled Cigarette excise ‘can’t’ help finance health care has put illicit trade in tobacco products (ITTP) in the limelight yet again. For readers, air quotes in the headline are intriguing, even though it is not quite clear what they mean. In gesture, air quotes signify irony or mockery. In print, a word that is prese...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling