Cigarette excise could help finance health care
Yurdhina Meilissa and Nurul HW Luntungan
PREMIUM A news article in the July 3 edition of The Jakarta Post titled Cigarette excise ‘can’t’ help finance health care has put illicit trade in tobacco products (ITTP) in the limelight yet again. For readers, air quotes in the headline are intriguing, even though it is not quite clear what they mean. In gesture, air quotes signify irony or mockery. In print, a word that is prese...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta