Middle-income trap and patents
Economist at the University of Indonesia
PREMIUM When opening the National Development Planning Conference in April this year, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo told high-level national and local officials attending the event to strive for a culture of innovation like the one adopted by Tesla Motors, which acquired 864 patents on the path to producing its highly acclaimed electric car. While preparing the National Mid-Term Developmen...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games