Middle-income trap and patents
Economist at the University of Indonesia
PREMIUM When opening the National Development Planning Conference in April this year, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo told high-level national and local officials attending the event to strive for a culture of innovation like the one adopted by Tesla Motors, which acquired 864 patents on the path to producing its highly acclaimed electric car. While preparing the National Mid-Term Developmen...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study