ASEAN at 50: So what?
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Head of the ASEAN Studies Program at The Habibie Center
PREMIUM On Aug. 8. ASEAN marks an enormous milestone as it celebrates 50 years since it was first established through the Bangkok Declaration of 1967. From its initial membership of five states, the regional organization has come a long way from its rather uncertain and unassuming beginnings. Over the years, ASEAN has grown in confidence, developing several ambitious initiatives and notching some impor...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Oil rises toward $63 as OPEC cuts weighed against US supplies
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore