ASEAN at 50: So what?
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Head of the ASEAN Studies Program at The Habibie Center
PREMIUM On Aug. 8. ASEAN marks an enormous milestone as it celebrates 50 years since it was first established through the Bangkok Declaration of 1967. From its initial membership of five states, the regional organization has come a long way from its rather uncertain and unassuming beginnings. Over the years, ASEAN has grown in confidence, developing several ambitious initiatives and notching some impor...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant