Nationalist taxi driver and Indonesia's pragmatic 'xenophobia'
Author of Julia's Jihad
If you’re involved in a car collision, would you go into a nationalistic tirade against the owner of the car that hit yours?
Seems totally out of place right? But apparently a taxi driver in South Jakarta thought it was the best way to deal with the situation when he had a run-in with a Westerner whose CD18-license-plated car tore a hole in his taxi.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- 39 countries to attend Asia-Europe transportation minister meeting
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- EDITORIAL: Making corrupt leaders pay