NGOs, firms need constructive engagement
The Jakarta Post
The emotional outbursts of the Indonesian Palm Oil Association (GAPKI) against international environmental NGOs, though regrettably smacking of an expression of xenophobia, are the understandable explosion of frustrations over what plantation companies see as a perpetual foreign attack on palm oil, currently one of the largest foreign exchange earners in the country.
The editorial p...
You might also like :
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021