NGOs, firms need constructive engagement
The Jakarta Post
The emotional outbursts of the Indonesian Palm Oil Association (GAPKI) against international environmental NGOs, though regrettably smacking of an expression of xenophobia, are the understandable explosion of frustrations over what plantation companies see as a perpetual foreign attack on palm oil, currently one of the largest foreign exchange earners in the country.
The editorial p...
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf