Commentary: Politics of raising a specter that keeps haunting us
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Only after a nation manages to come to terms with its past can it grow and mature as a member of the civilized world. A number of countries have taken steps to exorcise their past demons. South Africa performed such an exorcism with its Truth and Reconciliation Commission to rectify the wrongs from the systemic racism implemented by the apartheid system. In Germany, the government resorted to a...
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case