New era beckons for thermal coal in Southeast Asia
Managing editor, thermal coal, S&P Global Platts
Southeast Asia is set to be the next demand growth region for thermal coal, following on from the rise of China and India as gigantic import markets for the seaborne-traded generation fuel.
Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam are all building a new generation of super-efficient coal-fired power plants to increase their electricity generation from therm...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Essential guide to remote travel in eastern Indonesia
- 100 'ojek' drivers gather at Central Jakarta apartment complex after alleged assault
- Big Bad Wolf 2018 to offer Mandarin books
- The skinny on McDonald’s Indonesia ‘nasi uduk’ set
- Woman dies at Soekarno-Hatta after arriving from Sydney
- Jakarta to open first two-pronged underpass to public
- Indonesians loyal despite Facebook data harvesting
- Indonesia calls for joint effort to tax Google, Facebook, Amazon
- Batik timeline to be showcased at 2018 Borobudur Masterpiece
- African nations are now more like Wakanda: Foreign Ministry