New era beckons for thermal coal in Southeast Asia
Managing editor, thermal coal, S&P Global Platts
Southeast Asia is set to be the next demand growth region for thermal coal, following on from the rise of China and India as gigantic import markets for the seaborne-traded generation fuel.
Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam are all building a new generation of super-efficient coal-fired power plants to increase their electricity generation from therm...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends