New era beckons for thermal coal in Southeast Asia
Managing editor, thermal coal, S&P Global Platts
Southeast Asia is set to be the next demand growth region for thermal coal, following on from the rise of China and India as gigantic import markets for the seaborne-traded generation fuel.
Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam are all building a new generation of super-efficient coal-fired power plants to increase their electricity generation from therm...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Bitcoin sinks below $10,000 to bring monthlong rout to 50%
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- Seven interesting facts about Maritime Museum in Jakarta
- Dukuh Atas TOD groundbreaking set for Jan 30