New era beckons for thermal coal in Southeast Asia
Managing editor, thermal coal, S&P Global Platts
Southeast Asia is set to be the next demand growth region for thermal coal, following on from the rise of China and India as gigantic import markets for the seaborne-traded generation fuel.
Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam are all building a new generation of super-efficient coal-fired power plants to increase their electricity generation from therm...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...