Better policies will lower drug prices
Public health physician and president director of PT Roche Indonesia
PREMIUM As the government resolutely pursues its commitment to ensure that universal health coverage (UHC) is achieved by 2019, there’s a debate raging on the need to develop home-grown production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The aim is to reduce raw material dependence on import and curb the high-cost of prescription medicines. With the continuous deficit of the Social Security Ma...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper