How sustainable is our power generation system?
Firra Ghassani Gumilar
Master of Science candidate in sustainable energy futures at Imperial College London
PREMIUM Managing the energy trilemma of security, equity (accessibility and affordability) and sustainability is indeed a problematic challenge, especially for developing countries where energy is a pivotal resource needed to achieve higher living standards. Unfortunately for Indonesia, the government is still facing the classic problem of closing the supply and demand gap, with about 5.9 million house...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police