Indonesia gives account on peatland protection
Warief Djajanto Basorie
Every time Indonesia goes to the annual United Nations climate change conference, the country comes under cross-examination. Indonesia has to account for what it has done to end the forest and peatland fires causing choking smoke and hazardous haze.
The burning wood also emits huge amounts of carbon dioxide into the earth’s atmosphere and amplifies global warming. Defore...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport