Indonesia gives account on peatland protection
Warief Djajanto Basorie
Every time Indonesia goes to the annual United Nations climate change conference, the country comes under cross-examination. Indonesia has to account for what it has done to end the forest and peatland fires causing choking smoke and hazardous haze.
The burning wood also emits huge amounts of carbon dioxide into the earth’s atmosphere and amplifies global warming. Defore...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food