Alexis, 'morality' politics and an exercise in futility
Author of Julia's Jihad
The title of the Indonesian version of my book Sex, Power and Nation is Agama, Seks dan Kekuasaan (Religion, Sex and Power), but it could also be the title of Anies Baswedan’s and Sandiaga Uno’s new governorship, at least the beginning.
The reason? Their first gebrakan (strike) was to close down the Alexis Hotel, reportedly a “den of immorality.&rdq...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Basarnas ends search for Lion Air crash victims
- Anti-LGBT sentiment rises ahead of elections
- Singapore Airlines to move to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 3
- Lion Air crash: 'I’m sure dad could swim his way out and survive the crash'
- When Jokowi’s ‘other women’ let their hair down
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official