Alexis, 'morality' politics and an exercise in futility
Author of Julia's Jihad
The title of the Indonesian version of my book Sex, Power and Nation is Agama, Seks dan Kekuasaan (Religion, Sex and Power), but it could also be the title of Anies Baswedan’s and Sandiaga Uno’s new governorship, at least the beginning.
The reason? Their first gebrakan (strike) was to close down the Alexis Hotel, reportedly a “den of immorality.&rdq...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world