Alexis, 'morality' politics and an exercise in futility
Author of Julia's Jihad
The title of the Indonesian version of my book Sex, Power and Nation is Agama, Seks dan Kekuasaan (Religion, Sex and Power), but it could also be the title of Anies Baswedan’s and Sandiaga Uno’s new governorship, at least the beginning.
The reason? Their first gebrakan (strike) was to close down the Alexis Hotel, reportedly a “den of immorality.&rdq...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire