Alexis, 'morality' politics and an exercise in futility
Author of Julia's Jihad
The title of the Indonesian version of my book Sex, Power and Nation is Agama, Seks dan Kekuasaan (Religion, Sex and Power), but it could also be the title of Anies Baswedan’s and Sandiaga Uno’s new governorship, at least the beginning.
The reason? Their first gebrakan (strike) was to close down the Alexis Hotel, reportedly a “den of immorality.&rdq...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- New York Times' Weinstein investigation to be developed as film
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Coal miner Indika to set aside 42% of profit as dividends