Sago: An underutilized local resource
Lecturer at the Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB) and vice chairperson of Codex Alimentarius Commission, FAO/WHO
PREMIUM The world’s population now stands at 7.6 billion people and is expected to reach 9 billion by 2050. The challenge is clear. The world needs to increase food production. To meet projected demand, cereal production will have to increase by nearly 50 percent and meat production by 85 percent. The Global Nutrition Report 2017 indicated that, despite a decade of progress, the number of people ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?