Sago: An underutilized local resource
Lecturer at the Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB) and vice chairperson of Codex Alimentarius Commission, FAO/WHO
PREMIUM The world’s population now stands at 7.6 billion people and is expected to reach 9 billion by 2050. The challenge is clear. The world needs to increase food production. To meet projected demand, cereal production will have to increase by nearly 50 percent and meat production by 85 percent. The Global Nutrition Report 2017 indicated that, despite a decade of progress, the number of people ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards