Sago: An underutilized local resource
Lecturer at the Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB) and vice chairperson of Codex Alimentarius Commission, FAO/WHO
PREMIUM The world’s population now stands at 7.6 billion people and is expected to reach 9 billion by 2050. The challenge is clear. The world needs to increase food production. To meet projected demand, cereal production will have to increase by nearly 50 percent and meat production by 85 percent. The Global Nutrition Report 2017 indicated that, despite a decade of progress, the number of people ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas