Farewell Surin Pitsuwan, a visionary leader of ASEAN
Dewi Fortuna Anwar
Research professor at the Center for Political Studies, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (P2P-LIPI)
PREMIUM When I first heard the news of Surin Pitsuwan’s death on Thursday, Nov. 30 from a friend, my first reaction was disbelief. After reading the link to the news in the Bangkok Post I was shocked and unbearably saddened. I regard Khun Surin, as he was known, as a mentor and a good friend, whose compassion and vision for a more humane global and regional order I have always admired and aspired to...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas