Farewell Surin Pitsuwan, a visionary leader of ASEAN
Dewi Fortuna Anwar
Research professor at the Center for Political Studies, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (P2P-LIPI)
PREMIUM When I first heard the news of Surin Pitsuwan’s death on Thursday, Nov. 30 from a friend, my first reaction was disbelief. After reading the link to the news in the Bangkok Post I was shocked and unbearably saddened. I regard Khun Surin, as he was known, as a mentor and a good friend, whose compassion and vision for a more humane global and regional order I have always admired and aspired to...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards