Farewell Surin Pitsuwan, a visionary leader of ASEAN
Dewi Fortuna Anwar
Research professor at the Center for Political Studies, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (P2P-LIPI)
PREMIUM When I first heard the news of Surin Pitsuwan’s death on Thursday, Nov. 30 from a friend, my first reaction was disbelief. After reading the link to the news in the Bangkok Post I was shocked and unbearably saddened. I regard Khun Surin, as he was known, as a mentor and a good friend, whose compassion and vision for a more humane global and regional order I have always admired and aspired to...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?