Accelerating infrastructure development
Mohammed Ali Berawi
Associate professor of civil engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Indonesia (UI)
Infrastructure development is, arguably, one of the main drivers of economic growth. Infrastructure systems are the backbone of an economy, as they provide social, as well as economic, benefits to society.
The development of modern infrastructure is thus a way to ensure a competitive advantage in a highly competitive global environment.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning