Accelerating infrastructure development
Mohammed Ali Berawi
Associate professor of civil engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Indonesia (UI)
Infrastructure development is, arguably, one of the main drivers of economic growth. Infrastructure systems are the backbone of an economy, as they provide social, as well as economic, benefits to society.
The development of modern infrastructure is thus a way to ensure a competitive advantage in a highly competitive global environment.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official
- US moves to slash nicotine in cigarettes
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals