Accelerating infrastructure development
Mohammed Ali Berawi
Associate professor of civil engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Indonesia (UI)
Infrastructure development is, arguably, one of the main drivers of economic growth. Infrastructure systems are the backbone of an economy, as they provide social, as well as economic, benefits to society.
The development of modern infrastructure is thus a way to ensure a competitive advantage in a highly competitive global environment.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Airbus floats shutdown of A380 superjumbo as orders stall
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday