Accelerating infrastructure development
Mohammed Ali Berawi
Associate professor of civil engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Indonesia (UI)
Infrastructure development is, arguably, one of the main drivers of economic growth. Infrastructure systems are the backbone of an economy, as they provide social, as well as economic, benefits to society.
The development of modern infrastructure is thus a way to ensure a competitive advantage in a highly competitive global environment.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back