Accelerating infrastructure development
Mohammed Ali Berawi
Associate professor of civil engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Indonesia (UI)
Infrastructure development is, arguably, one of the main drivers of economic growth. Infrastructure systems are the backbone of an economy, as they provide social, as well as economic, benefits to society.
The development of modern infrastructure is thus a way to ensure a competitive advantage in a highly competitive global environment.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper