Are fintech companies really bad for banks?
Analyst from the Macroprudential Policy Department of Bank Indonesia
PREMIUM Given the hype over the fintech industry nowadays, many analysts, business professionals and even bankers are concerned about its impact on the conventional banking system. They fear that this industry will be disruptive to the banking system. Their arguments have valid points, but in many cases the concerns are overstated. Stating the fintech industry will disrupt the market for the banking...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- Nine injured in Thousand Islands boat explosion
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's