Are fintech companies really bad for banks?
Analyst from the Macroprudential Policy Department of Bank Indonesia
PREMIUM Given the hype over the fintech industry nowadays, many analysts, business professionals and even bankers are concerned about its impact on the conventional banking system. They fear that this industry will be disruptive to the banking system. Their arguments have valid points, but in many cases the concerns are overstated. Stating the fintech industry will disrupt the market for the banking...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design