How to end violence in childhood
AK Shiva Kumar and Baroness Vivien Stern
There is something wrong with the state of Asia’s children. A shockingly large number are not enjoying carefree, happy childhoods but enduring, often brutal, fast track transitions to adulthood.
Globally, three out of four children suffer physically or emotionally abusive violence: from corporal punishment to bullying, neglect, rape, even murder. In East Asia, over 70 p...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Airbus floats shutdown of A380 superjumbo as orders stall