Impacts of 2018 elections on Indonesian economy
Fitri Bintang Timur and Grace Dewi
PREMIUM Indonesia is bracing for simultaneous elections across 171 regions later this year and the preparations are ongoing. These elections are critical as they will directly determine the leadership of key rich provinces, such as East Kalimantan, Riau, South Sulawesi and the three most populous provinces in Java. With almost 70 percent of Indonesia’s population expected to vote, the parties win...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- BMKG warns of high waves around Lombok
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul