Impacts of 2018 elections on Indonesian economy
Fitri Bintang Timur and Grace Dewi
PREMIUM Indonesia is bracing for simultaneous elections across 171 regions later this year and the preparations are ongoing. These elections are critical as they will directly determine the leadership of key rich provinces, such as East Kalimantan, Riau, South Sulawesi and the three most populous provinces in Java. With almost 70 percent of Indonesia’s population expected to vote, the parties win...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission