Impacts of 2018 elections on Indonesian economy
Fitri Bintang Timur and Grace Dewi
PREMIUM Indonesia is bracing for simultaneous elections across 171 regions later this year and the preparations are ongoing. These elections are critical as they will directly determine the leadership of key rich provinces, such as East Kalimantan, Riau, South Sulawesi and the three most populous provinces in Java. With almost 70 percent of Indonesia’s population expected to vote, the parties win...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Traditions surrounding a British royal birth
- ‘A Quiet Place’ returns to no. 1 in third week for Paramount
- 'Buffalo Boys' praised for action-packed first trailer
- PLN prepares to issue global bonds
- Afghan girl spends life disguised as 'son' her parents wanted
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Iraqi shrine tablets offer blessings, cures and a living