Paddling between challenges: Opportunities for new TNI chief
Hipolitus Yolisandry Ringgi Wangge
Researcher at the Marthinus Academy, Jakarta
PREMIUM The selection of Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto, the former air force chief, as the 20th military commander has sparked little public controversy. The low-profile general had long been predicted to reach the position because of his longstanding relationship with President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo. Jokowi had forged close ties with Hadi since the latter served as airbase commander in S...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia