Paddling between challenges: Opportunities for new TNI chief
Hipolitus Yolisandry Ringgi Wangge
Researcher at the Marthinus Academy, Jakarta
PREMIUM The selection of Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto, the former air force chief, as the 20th military commander has sparked little public controversy. The low-profile general had long been predicted to reach the position because of his longstanding relationship with President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo. Jokowi had forged close ties with Hadi since the latter served as airbase commander in S...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police