China, the push factor for ASEAN-India relations?
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Head of the ASEAN Studies Program at The Habibie Center
PREMIUM Today, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, together with the other nine leaders of ASEAN, will attend India’s Republic Day ceremony in New Delhi. This historic moment — which will also see India’s Prime Minister Narenda Modi host a special ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit in conjunction with 25 years of dialogue partnership — comes at an opportune time. For one t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?