Risks remain for Indonesian coal
Bertrand Jabouley and Vishal Kulkarni
PREMIUM Indonesia’s coal sector — much like the industry throughout the region — has seen a turbulent time in the wake of lower prices. However since the middle of 2016, there has been a global rebound in thermal coal prices, leading to strong balance sheets for many coal players within ASEAN, including Indonesia. Within Indonesia, we see potential for growing coal demand. There is...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors